Hours of Operations
Thursday and Friday - 9:00
a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday - 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
*We can sometimes be open on the other days by special permission and
advance agreement. Minimum area use $120 for up to 5 hours "
Camping is available by pre-arrangement
and for 10$ per person per night.
is it open all year?
yes-Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays all year, unless Christmas falls on one of those days.-except one week per year in mid July, Seabase is closed for a private group on those days, but open the Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays before and after to try to make up for the inconvenience.
What Kinds of Fish are there?
Angels, Groupers, Sharks (Nurse), Tangs, Puffers, Jacks, Bats, pompano, Monos, Scats, Damsels, butterfly fish, pork fish, spots,mollies, rabbit fish, mullet... and even a southern sting ray, nurse sharks, and many more kinds of fish..
How old do children need to be?
Snorkeling: Any age with adult supervision. SCUBA: 8 years old for SCUBA Rangers, at least 10 for SCUBA certified kids ( with a responsible certified adult..) and 10 for a SCUBA experience. Anyone under 18 needs a parent on site, or a parentally signed waiver.
Where can we stay over-night?
• Days Inn Airport: West of airport on I-80. 800-544-8313 or 801-539-853
* Holiday inn Express at the airport-801-741-1500
* Holiday Inn Express in Tooele 435-833-0500
• Oquirrh Motor Inn: I-80 @ Lake Point (exit 99), 15 miles W of exit 84, the Seabase exit. 801-250-0118
• Best Western Inn: 365 N. Main, Tooele, 800-448-5010 or 435-882-5010.
• Seabase Scamp Rental: $20 per night per 2 people. Includes hot shower nearby, outhouses,
& BBQ facilities. bring your own sleeping bag and pillows, and to cook, bring your own charcoal. Scamps are little trailers, with a bed/table, and a couch, and an electric light, heater in cold weather. No bedding. Primative, not 4 star-not any star!!
• Seabase Camping: $8 a person per night. Includes hot showers, outhouses, & BBQ facilities. Bring your own charcoal.
What is the altitude?
4293 feet / 1300 meters.